Improve your skin appearance
In this blog we are going to cover how red light therapy can improve your rosacea as well as other skin benefits.
- What is Rosacea
- What causes Rosacea?
- Common Treatments
- Red light therapy and Rosacea
Introduction to Rosacea
Anyone that has experienced Rosacea, knows how frustrating it can be.
The symptoms can vary from sometimes burning, redness, pimples, swelling and even superficial dilated blood vessels in your skin.
The most common areas where these symptoms appear are the nose, cheeks, forehead and chin.
Did you know that nearly 14 million people in the USA alone suffer from Rosacea? In other words, 1 in 20 people in the USA has some form of it.
It’s important to mention that if left untreated, it can worsen with time so it’s important to take action. (1) (2)
What causes Rosacea?
Unfortunately experts are not entirely sure about what exactly causes Rosacea to appear, but they have identified a number of factors that are believed to contribute to worsening the condition. (3)
These factors include abnormalities in facial blood vessels which can cause flushing, persistent redness, and visible blood vessels.
Some factors that can make it worse are certain food groups, spices, caffeine, extreme temperatures, stress or anxiety, exercise, some medications, artificial lighting, alcohol and some medical conditions.
It is important to be self-aware and take note when you realize certain triggers cause the symptoms.
The medical industry quickly prescribes a combination of topical medication and oral drugs that in some cases seem to improve the condition but usually come with secondary effects.
Laser treatment, which uses intense pulsed light to shrink the visible blood vessels, is also a common treatment that has proven to be effective but the procedure can be uncomfortable and cause some pain, bruising, crusting of the skin, swelling and tenderness. These side effects normally disappear within a couple of weeks. (4) (5) (6)
What if you could start controlling your Rosacea with an easier, cheaper and less invasive solution from the comfort of your own home?
Red light therapy and Rosacea
Red Light Therapy has been proven to boost the skin’s healing rate by 200% (7, 8, 9, 10, 11).
The benefits to Rosacea sufferers are:
- Decreased inflammation and pain
- Boosting of the rate of skin healing for faster results
- Reduce swelling
- Easing of itchy/dry feeling
- Can prevent the worsening of symptoms
- Safe for regular use, plus can be used at home
- Non-invasive and pain-free
This photo shows the dramatic improvements that can been seen in only a few treatments:
As the red-light shines onto the affected area, the light energy is absorbed by the cells which use them to increase the natural healing process. Visible red light can penetrate up to 1.5cm into the skin, with near-infrared light going up to 5cm. This mean the benefits can be experienced at all layers of the skin
The light energy causes increased microcirculation, which means more blood and healing nutrients delivered to the affected area, bringing more oxygen which accelerates the healing and rebuilding process of the cells. (12)
The improvements in skin condition, color and feel can be experienced in only a few treatments.
Red Light is even effective for broken capillaries on the cheeks and around the nose.
The optimal single wavelength is red light for healing the skin, and it penetrates deep enough for most skin conditions. This means our Target Light 670 is the perfect light for the job.
Use the light for up to 10 minutes per session, on the areas that suffer, at a distance of 30cm+- , up to twice a day, morning or late afternoon.
Although you will experience benefits in a couple of weeks, we also encourage a lifestyle to manage and improve symptoms. This would include regular red light exposure, along with proper hydration, avoidance of individual triggers, gentle skin care, rest/sleep, and stress management.
To conclude, if you experience Rosacea and can’t seem to find any treatment that helps you, Red light therapy can be exactly what you are looking for.
Increase the natural healing mechanisms of your body and boost your cells from the inside out.
Do not wait a single minute and give your skin and extra help to regain elasticity and a natural tone.
Check out other related blogs:
Sources of information:
- Rosacea: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and treatment https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5821167/
- Rosacea: a Clinical Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5134688/
- Recent advances in understanding and managing rosacea https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6281021/
- Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4126803/
- Photodynamic and photobiological effects of light-emitting diode (LED) therapy in dermatological disease: an update https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6133043/
- In vivo and in vitro analysis of low level light therapy: a useful therapeutic approach for sensitive skin https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23397274/
- Light Years Ahead: The Illustrated Guide to Full Spectrum and Colored Light in Mindbody Healing https://www.amazon.com/Light-Years-Ahead-Illustrated-Spectrum/dp/0890877629/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=infrared04-20&linkId=aa3b5aeb3ac363fca3c15ee353c124ef
- Success with Red Light Therapy After Mirvaso Disaster https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/forum/general/low-level-light-based-therapies/25692-?37419-Success-with-Red-Light-Therapy-After-Mirvaso-Disaster=
- Light Therapy for Rosacea Treatment Explained https://lighttherapyoptions.com/rosacea/
- Red LED Light Therapy for Rosacea: Does it Work? https://www.infrared-light-therapy.com/red-light-therapy-rosacea/
- LED Red Light Therapy Reviewed: Can It Really Give You Better Skin? https://graziadaily.co.uk/beauty-hair/skin/led-red-light-therapy-reviewed-can-really-give-better-skin/